Stateside: Gov. Granholm is likely Biden pick for DOE; lonely pandemic songs; the joy of kid’s books
Today on Stateside, news broke Tuesday that President-Elect Joe Biden plans to nominate former two-term Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm as the next U.S. Secretary of Energy. We speak with Granholm’s former communications director about what the former governor would bring to the role if confirmed. Also, songs of isolation from a Detroit-based singer-songwriter. Plus, longtime Southeast Michigan news anchor Devin Scillian talks to us about his secret life as a bestselling children’s book author.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Former Governor Jennifer Granholm reportedly picked to head DOE under Biden
- Liz Boyd was communications director under former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, and she now runs Liz Boyd Public Relations.
Granholm’s Michigan legacy forever tied to Great Recession and divided state government
- Zoe Clark is program director for Michigan Radio.
Musician Jeff Karoub drops a collection of songs he calls “isolation hymns” for your pandemic listening
- Jeff Karoub is a Detroit-based singer-songwriter. You can hear his latest releases, part of a collection called Isolation Hymns here.
Support for arts and culture coverage comes in part from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
- Lexi Krupp is a science and conservation reporter for Interlochen Public Radio.
WDIV’s Devin Scillian has a side gig as a successful children’s book author with “Memoir” series
- Devin Scillian is a children’s book author. He’s also a nightly news anchor for WDIV-TV in Detroit.