Stateside: Whitmer COVID protocol criticism; student pandemic recovery; Detroit air quality
Today on Stateside, Governor Whitmer is in hot water for violating her own COVID-19 safety guidelines. Plus, how Detroit's air pollution is impacting its citizen. And, how the state is planning to help students returning to school after a year at home.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Whitmer’s night out leads to criticism over COVID guidelines
- Lauren Gibbons is reporter at MLive.
- Sergio Martínez-Beltrán is capitol reporter at Bridge Michigan.
Detroiters had nowhere to hide from air pollution during the pandemic
- Brian Allnutt is writer at Planet Detroit. You can find his story here
Residents say high water isn’t damaging their properties; it’s the boats
- Lexi Krupp is a reporter at Interlochen Public Radio.
Chair of state council says academics, mental health resources needed for Michigan’s COVID recovery
- Kevin Polston is chair at the Student Recovery Advisory Council. He's also incoming superintendent of Kentwood Public Schools.
How Michigan’s federal recovery funds could help students catch up
- Koby Levin is reporter at Chalkbeat Detroit.