Stateside: Sen. Peters on Jan. 6; Bo Schembechler's legacy; new music from Lord Huron
Today, on Stateside, Democratic U.S. Senator Gery Peters discussed what we still don’t know about the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. Plus, how Matt Schembechler’s story of abuse at the hands of Dr. Robert Anderson changes the game for University of Michigan football fans.
[Get Stateside on your phone: subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts today.]
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Sen. Peters on unanswered questions from Jan. 6 insurrection
Stateside’s conversation with Senator Gary Peters
- U.S. Senator Gary Peters (D-Michigan) chairs the Senate’s Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.
Latest album from Lord Huron combines LA vibes and Michigan roots
Stateside’s conversation with Ben Schneider
- Ben Schneider is guitarist and lead singer of the band Lord Huron.
Letters about Hemingway uncover the unfortunate story of Marjorie Bump
Stateside’s conversation with Jennifer Tianen and Yael Mizrahi
- Jennifer Tianen is an English teacher at West Bloomfield High School. She is also secretary of the Michigan Hemingway Society.
- Yael Mizrahi is a sophomore at West Bloomfield and an Honors American Literature student.
- This segment originally aired on April 7, 2021.
UM fans and alum wrestle with Bo Schembechler legacy
Stateside’s conversation with Brian Cook
- Brian Cook is the founder of MGoBlog, which is a superfan sports site for University of Michigan athletics.