Stateside: MI’s 1931 state abortion ban; student mental health; Eastpointe grows more diverse
Today on Stateside, how the effort to restrict abortion rights in other states could have ripple effects in Michigan. Then, learning from your losses with Michigan Radio sports commentator John U. Bacon. Also, the small town of Eastpointe is drawing more Black residents. We'll talk about how the city is changing as it becomes more diverse.
Listen to the full show above or find individual interviews below.
- Dave Boucher is a government and politics reporter with the Detroit Free Press.
- Taylor Wizner is a reporter at Interlochen Public Radio.
- John U. Bacon is Michigan Radio's sports commentator and author of the new book Let Them Lead: Unexpected Lessons in Leadership from America’s Worst High School Hockey Team.
- Cardi DeMonaco Jr. is a software developer and Eastpointe city councilman.
- Mary Hall-Rayford is a retired teacher, Eastpointe Community Schools Board member, and co-chair of Eastpointe Advocates Supporting Equality (EASE).