We've finally got the witness list for who's going to be called to testify before Congress next week at a hearing on the EPA's role in the Flint water crisis.
- Mr. Joel Beauvais, Acting Deputy Assistant Administrator, Office of Water, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Mr. Miguel Del Toral, Researcher, Region 5 Water Division, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency,
- Mr. Keith Creagh, Director, Department of Environmental Quality, State of Michigan
- Mr. Marc Edwards, Charles P. Lundsford Professor of Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Mr. Darnell Earley, Former Emergency Manager, City of Flint Michigan
Meanwhile, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, sent a letter today to EPA administrator Gina McCarthy. In it, he asks McCarthy to make former Region 5 director Susan Hedman “available for a transcribed interview as soon as possible.” He also asks McCarthy to release any of Hedman's emails or documents relating to the Flint water supply.
Hedman resigned recently over the handling of the Flint water crisis.
The hearing is scheduled for the morning of February 5.