Michigan Radio is seeking a sales executive who has the talent to create demand for underwriting revenue with local business leaders and organizations throughout the state of Michigan. We are in search of a motivated self-starter who has sales and media experience plus, a sincere passion for public radio!
The ideal candidate for the Corporate Sponsorship Account Executive role has previous sales experience in corporate sales, commercial broadcasting and or print media.
This role will include driving new business development with decision-makers throughout Michigan at local and regional businesses. You will meet with clients to discuss their marketing needs and design sponsorship proposals that reach our listening audience in the Ann Arbor, Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids DMA’s. The Account Executive will manage the entire sales process - from prospecting, presentations, proposal and campaign development, closing the deal, attending local Michigan Radio events (i.e. Issues & Ale), and assist clients in writing copy for the radio campaigns and events.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate Michigan Radio’s unique value proposition
- Strategic selling skillset
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and clients with timely and appropriate prioritization and goal attainment.
- Ability to follow FCC guidelines and procedures for copy
- Embraces being a part of a team and collaborative selling
- Ability to work in an office setting and remote
- Experience to thrive in a deadline focused environment.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Experience and proficiency with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Results-driven sales experience in a variety of categories and client/agency scenarios.
Compensation and Benefits – Michigan Radio Offers:
- Base salary $47,500 plus 10% commission plan with no cap on earnings.
- Comprehensive benefits plans provided by the University of Michigan for medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability, and life plans; employee assistance program. Retirement Savings: 401(k) plan.
- On-going sales training with team and UM career development
How to Apply:
Go to www.umjobs.org and click on Keyword. Enter the following Job # 177064. Follow online application instructions. Please upload a cover letter and resume. For more information please contact the Director of Corporate Sponsorship: Holli Eaton firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Michigan Radio:
Michigan Radio is the state's leading NPR news station. Michigan Radio serves Detroit, Ann Arbor and southeastern Michigan at 91.7 FM in, Grand Rapids and West Michigan at 104.1 FM, and Flint at 91.1 FM. The station also broadcasts online at michiganradio.org. Michigan Radio is a service of Michigan Public Media and is licensed to the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
University of Michigan EEO Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.