Escape the cold dark winter days and fly south to a jungle paradise with friends of Michigan Radio in sun-soaked Costa Rica. You’ll join Lester Graham, host of Michigan Radio's The Environment Report, on this tropical expedition, where you’ll discover a vibrant land unlike any other. Costa Rica boasts greater biodiversity than all of Europe and North America, with over 850 species of birds and more butterflies than on the entire continent of Africa. Explore lush jungles, stroll the shores of starlit beaches and view an abundance of exotic wildlife. Sultry breezes, tropical gardens, and colorful birds are all part of the exuberant pura vida (“pure life”) of Costa Rica. Experience it for yourself, but don’t wait - space in paradise is limited!
- Nine nights of accommodation in charming hotels, comfortable cabins and lodges
- (All rooms with private baths and hot showers)
- Special visits to national parks, cloud forests, orchid and butterfly galleries
- All breakfasts, plus 11 additional traditional multi-course meals
- Transportation on board a spacious, air-conditioned motor coach
- An expert Earthbound Expeditions guide/naturalist
- Entrances to all activities and national parks as listed in your itinerary
- Gratuities for guides, naturalists and drivers
- Carbon off-setting credits through the 5 star Carbon fund
Length: 10 Days / 9 Nights
$2,995 per person double occupancy (land only)
$595 single supplement (waived if matched with roommate)
Note: A group flight option will be available from Detroit
Why travel with Michigan Radio?
- When you travel to Costa Rica with Michigan Radio, you’ll enjoy a personalized experience led by carefully selected guides that offer a unique perspective on the places you’ll visit.
- Lester Graham of The Environment Report will accompany you on this trip and share his perspectives as you explore this tropical paradise.
- You’ll also join other like-minded travelers who are full of curiosity, are interested in life-long learning…and share a love of public radio.
If that sounds like you, learn more about this great vacation below.