Michigan Radio, the public radio station of the University of Michigan, is looking for a fill-in/substitute host to join our team! The fill-in/substitute host will deliver live newscasts, interstitial breaks, and seamlessly transition the listener from national programming to local content from our studios in Ann Arbor, MI. Note: The schedule/hours for this substitute position will be on-call/fill-in only.
Duties include: weekday and weekend live on-air shifts, prerecording on-air breaks and operating broadcast equipment and broadcast audio consoles. The ideal candidate must have a friendly, authoritative, and confident on-air delivery that will blend well with the Michigan Radio sound.
The qualified applicant should have the following knowledge, experience and ability:
- 2 years experience live on-air hosting, preferably in public radio
- strong news judgement and an understanding of how to write for radio
- ability to operate a sound board
- experience working with ENCO or similar programs
- experience working with Adobe Audition or similar programs
- multi task and respond quickly and appropriately to breaking news situations
- work well in a high pressure environment
- work well individually and as part of a team
- knowledge of public radio sound and programming
- ability to take direction and critique
- work weekdays, weekends, and holidays
How To Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include in the subject line: Substitute Host Position.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.