Working as part of Michigan Radio's development team, the successful candidate for this business office position will be responsible for the daily processing and depositing of donations to the station. Sources of donations include direct mail solicitations as well as previously made pledges. The individual will prepare, record, verify, and report donor payments, as well as post them on a timely basis following all external and internal controls and policies. They will also assist in the maintenance and reconciliation of fundraising biographical data and will work with donors in person or by phone for the purpose of receiving gifts. Successful candidate will assist in the management of premium inventory as well as produce acknowledgement letters for memorial gifts and vehicle donations. Other duties as assigned. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
- The ideal candidate will be multiskilled through job related training, and hold a bachelor's degree and/or considerable on-the-job experience.
- Experience with Microsoft and Google word processing and spreadsheet applications is a must.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills are an essential requirement, as is the ability to identify key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data and taking a broad perspective to problems, spotting new and less obvious solutions.
- Must have an understanding of CRM functionality and management and experience working within PCI requirements.
- Must be self-motivated to work with a limited degree of supervision and have the ability to work with confidential data.
- Must be detailed oriented and work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ideal candidate will have specialized skills in membership gift handling, and experience with public media is preferred.
- Will have experience with ACH management.
University of Michigan EEO/Affirmative Action Statement:
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How To Apply: