Working as part of Michigan Radio's development team, the successful candidate for this business office position will be responsible for the daily processing and depositing of donations to the station.
- Sources of donations include direct mail solicitations as well as previously made pledges.
- The individual will prepare, record, verify, and report donor payments, as well as post them on a timely basis following all external and internal controls and policies.
- They will also assist in the maintenance and reconciliation of fundraising biographical data and will work with donors in person or by phone for the purpose of receiving gifts.
- Successful candidate will assist in the management of premium inventory as well as produce acknowledgement letters for memorial gifts and vehicle donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Note: This is a 30 hour per week position (Monday through Friday- 6 hours per day).
- The ideal candidate will be multiskilled through job related training, and hold a bachelor's degree and/or considerable on-the-job experience.
- Experience with Microsoft and Google word processing and spreadsheet applications is a must.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills are an essential requirement, as is the ability to identify key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data and taking a broad perspective to problems, spotting new and less obvious solutions.
- Must have an understanding of CRM functionality and management and experience working within PCI requirements.
- Must be self-motivated to work with a limited degree of supervision and have the ability to work with confidential data.
- Must be detailed oriented and work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ideal candidate will have specialized skills in membership gift handling, and experience with public media is preferred.
- Will have experience with ACH management.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days.
- The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting.
- This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How To Apply:
Apply online at www.umjobs.org and click on Keyword. Enter the Job # 185141. You can also access this information at: http://michiganradio.org/topic/jobs-michigan-radio