Michigan Radio, NPR's largest member station in the state, covers the big stories, but also tries to focus on what other news outlets have not. We have produced projects like the Peabody-winning podcast Believed, and nationally recognized coverage of the Flint Water Crisis. Come join our team!
Working as part of Michigan Radio's development team, you will oversee the daily processing and depositing of donations to the station. Sources of donations include direct mail solicitations and previously made pledges. You will help manage premium inventory and produce acknowledgement letters for memorial gifts and vehicle donations. You will be responsible for other tasks as assigned. You will report to the Director of Development at Michigan Radio.
Note: This is a 20 hour/three days per week position. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Oversee the daily processing and depositing of donations to the station
- Prepare, record, verify, and report donor payments and post them following all our internal controls and policies
- Help with the maintenance and reconciliation of fundraising biographical data and will work with donors in person or by phone to receive gifts
- Identify important issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data and taking a broad perspective to problems, spotting new and less obvious solutions.
You Will Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or an equal combination of education and experience or be multi-skilled through job related training and on the job experience
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft and Google
- 2+ years of experience in spreadsheet applications
- Experience with Customer Relation Management systems functionality
- Management and experience working within PCI () requirements
- Initiation to work with a limited degree of supervision
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Ability to handle essential data entry with a high degree of accuracy
You will have specialized skills in membership gift handling, ACH management, and have previous experience with public media environment
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Michigan Radio EEO Statement:
Michigan Radio is committed to attracting and retaining a creative workforce filled with varied perspectives and experiences to enhance and continue our mission of producing trusted content to grow a diverse community of listeners.
University of Michigan EEO/AA Statement:
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How to Apply: