The Michigan Radio Marketing Associate reports to the Marketing Director and assists in planning and executing all aspects of station promotion and event management. This includes coordinating marketing activities and listener events, while facilitating communications with internal stakeholders.
The primary duties of the position are as follows:
- Writing and editing station email newsletters and listener email communications, along with maintaining station e-newsletter database
- Planning, producing and representing station at events and promotional activities
- Help initiate and handle relationships with station media partners including follow up and needed documentation.
- Assist in the design and implementation of digital, print and on-air promotional material.
- Collaborate in the marketing of the station's vehicle donation and listener travel programs.
- Write and distribute station press releases and marketing-related social media posts.
- Support the Marketing Director in developing marketing plans and maintaining schedules and documenting progress on key marketing projects.
- Work with media representatives on ad placements for station marketing campaigns.
- Maintain and approve items for station events calendar.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have at least 1-2 years of marketing experience (including digital marketing), possess good writing and proofreading skills, be detail oriented, and have a passion for public radio. Bachelor’s degree required. Candidate must be willing to work flexible schedules as needed for station events.
This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
How To Apply:
Apply online at http://careers.umich.edu Enter Job Number: 178375 in the Key Word and click Search. Follow application instructions. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No Phone calls, emails, or faxes.