The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with internal and external customers to support data audits, integrity checks, edits and cleanups based on policies, standards and customer requests.
This position will perform integrity checks with dedicated tools and scripts to ensure and enforce the data standards. In addition, this position will use spreadsheets, databases and other tools to import /export data and develop scripts and macros to automate data manipulation.
The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with other University Development and Michigan Radio Development staff to assist and support the comprehensive fund-raising programs of Michigan Radio. The Business Systems Analyst will help in the creation of ad hoc reports for the Michigan Radio development staff and create and manage DART/Blackbaud CRM and Allegiance databases. This position will also evaluate various courses of action to ensure the integrity of the DART/ Blackbaud CRM and Allegiance databases.
This position works in an environment dedicated to advancing the mission of Michigan Radio and the university. The position will build positive and meaningful relationships with co-workers and customers.
50% Directing and maintaining data integrity
- Lead all development department data activities including the creation of policies as they relate to coding and organizational conventions.
- Perform data preparation for data exports, and imports. Perform back-end data maintenance, manipulation and cleansing.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to support data audits, integrity checks, edits and cleanups based on policies, standards and customer requests.
- Develop new processes and policies that efficiently enhance data quality and integrity.
- Perform integrity checks with dedicated tools and scripts to ensure and enforce data standards.
- Direct the incorporation and implementation of all new and revised donor data collection tools
- Perform regular audits ensuring the integrity of the biographic, demographic, educational data and accurate and consistent data entry.
- Represent Michigan Radio’s development team on relevant university committees and workgroups
- Develop new, modify and run existing reports utilizing university and Michigan Radio development databases.
- Provide ad hoc information retrieval using a variety of technical query writing or system tools, reports or programs.
- Evaluate requests to determine best method for data retrieval. Develop and execute complex queries to extract and summarize data.
- Create marketing efforts in Allegiance and filter them through DART/Blackbaud CRM Marketing Efforts as per client specifications and timelines.
- Develop and execute complex queries and programmatic logic to integrate DART/Blackbaud CRM specific export data and externally processed export data.
- Produces and maintains routine system outputs (including pledge reminders, premium fulfillment, renewal information, gift acknowledgement, etc) in accordance with university and department policies and schedules.
5% Other (Donor Stewardship)
- Provide occasional front-line customer service to donors and potential donors
- Responds to inquiries with accurate and timely information
- Keeps documentation of interactions and proactively shares relevant information with appropriate individuals at Michigan Radio
- Assists and attends fundraising and outreach activities including on-air fundraising campaigns and station events (infrequent travel required)
5% Other Duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree in information technology OR as related field OR 4 or more years of related experience with CRM systems (Blackbaud preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills (create macros, queries, and reports in Excel and Google Sheets)
- Must be committed to maintaining a professional and positive workplace demeanor
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, technical curiosity and creative problem solving skills; the ability to solve business problems with technical solutions that save customers time and effort.
- Ability to gather user/assignment requirements and translate those into technical solutions that meet or exceed customer's expectations
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple competing tasks
- Experience in effectively communicating technical concepts and information to a wide range of users
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team oriented environment
- Familiarity with the basic accounting functions required of a non-profit organization
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to anticipate requests and needs in advance and plan accordingly
- Experience with SAP's Business Objects software or a comparable query reporting tool
- Experience with SQL programming is preferred
- History of successful partnerships on multidisciplinary teams and a demonstrated track record of establishing and maintaining business relationships that facilitate effective business transactions.
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge, both personal and team wide
- Desire to learn the mission, goals, and objectives of both the University of Michigan, as well as those of Michigan Radio and work in ways that help us achieve these.
- Masters Degree in Information Technology OR a related field.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Michigan Radio is committed to attracting and retaining a creative workforce filled with varied perspectives and experiences to enhance and continue our mission of producing trusted content to grow a diverse community of listeners.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.umjobs.org and click on Keyword. Enter the Job # 183909. You can also access this information at: http://michiganradio.org/topic/jobs-michigan-radio