Michigan Radio is looking for a producer to join our growing podcast team!
The ideal candidate is a seasoned audio producer who can work on multiple projects at a time. You have a great ear for stories, love to edit tape, and are highly organized. You’re a self-starter who meets deadlines and also likes to collaborate.
We have a couple podcasts in the works, so now’s a great time to join the team and help craft the sound of those shows. You’ll also have a hand in developing new projects for the station.
This job is a full-time position with benefits, based in Ann Arbor. The producer will work directly with the podcast team’s Executive Producer.
- Produce limited-run and seasonal podcasts for Michigan Radio
- Travel as necessary for in-person interviews and live events
- Research and pitch segment ideas, guests, and new shows for podcasts
- Work on other podcasts in development
- Conduct interviews from the studio and in the field, edit audio, layup sessions, help with sound design and other editorial/production duties as assigned
- Participate in community engagement activities such as live remotes, membership events, and fundraising activities - including membership drives - as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5+ years of long-form and/or podcast production experience in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong project and time management skills, and the ability to troubleshoot both narrative and technical issues
- Excellent communicator and a team player
- Extensive experience editing audio -- Audition preferred, not required
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and incorporate edits and feedback
- Sound editorial judgement and a proven ability to craft a good story, identify characters and stakes
- Extensive experience with conducting interviews both in the studio and from the field, pull tape, edit audio and have experience with sound design
Michigan Radio believes news organizations do their best work when they reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds, identities and ages.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
How To Apply:
Apply online at www.umjobs.org and click on Keyword. Enter the Job #185351. You can also access this information at: http://michiganradio.org/topic/jobs-michigan-radio
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.