Today on Stateside, why one maker of PFAS chemicals is challenging Michigan’s protections for drinking water. Plus, an international standoff is brewing over Enbridge Energy's Line 5 oil pipeline. And, two Beaver Island residents send out a radio program from the middle of Lake Michigan.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Legal battle looms as 3M files suit against Michigan over PFAs protections
- Garrett Ellison is a reporter with MLive.
Broadcasting from Beaver Island, radio show highlights Michigan-centric music
- Steve Girbach and Jackson Smith are musicians and co-founders of the radio show “Songs From The Trail."
- Support for arts and culture coverage comes in part from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
With a midnight deadline nearing, Enbridge seems unwilling to shut down Line 5
- Lester Graham is a reporter with Michigan Radio.
Why Enbridge Line 5 is “non-negotiable” for Canada
- Amanda Coletta is a reporter covering Canada for The Washington Post.