Today on Stateside, were you planning on socially distanced tailgating this fall? Bad news: the Big Ten has reportedly voted against going forward with the college football season. We talked to sports reporter Chris Solari about what we know so far. Plus, we've got a conversation with an Escanaba teacher about the unique challenges rural schools face when it comes to online instruction this fall.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
The Big Ten is reportedly canceling football for the fall
- Chris Solari is a sports reporter for the Detroit Free Press.
- Sierra Clark is Odawa-Ojibwe, and a reporter at the Traverse City Record Eagle with the Mishigamiing Project.
- Meghanlata Gupta is Ojibwe from the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians, and founder of Indigenizing the News.
- Kaye LaFond is a data journalist and Report for America fellow at the Traverse City Record Eagle.
Rural schools face some unique challenges in figuring out how to teach during COVID
- Gina Pepin is a teacher and reading specialist in the Escanaba Area Schools.
- Keith Kindred is a social studies teacher in South Lyon.