Today on Stateside, developments in the cases surrounding the death of 16-year-old Cornelius Fredericks at a youth facility in Kalamazoo. Also, how systemic racism impacts the mental health of Black Americans. Plus, Michigan is challenging how the U.S Department of Education is allocating coronavirus relief money.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- Dustin Dwyer is reporter for Michigan Radio
- Napoleon Harrington is a therapist at Ambassador Counseling and Resource Group and former president of the Michigan Mental Health Counselors Association.
It’s time for white people to listen then act: social worker’s advice on combatting systemic racism
- Algeria Wilson is the director of public policy for the National Association of Social Workers, Michigan Chapter.
AG Nessel joins lawsuit suing Betsy DeVos over sending pandemic relief funds to private schools
- Koby Levin is a reporter for chalkbeat.org
- Max Johnston is a reporter for Interlochen Public Radio
Kids These Days: The stress of coming out and the meaning of virginity