Today on Stateside, as Northern Michigan and the UP reopened restaurants this past weekend, other businesses stayed closed. We speak with a hair stylist who wants to find a safe way to reopen. Plus, the difficulty of tracking the number of COVID-19 cases in elder care facilities.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
What do we know about COVID-19 in Michigan’s nursing homes?
- Will Callan is a reporter for Michigan Radio
A backpack and a bottle of whiskey connects son to father in nursing home during coronavirus outbreak
High school seniors attend virtual celebrations and drive-by graduations as school year comes to an end
- Olivia Yates is graduating from Groves High School in Beverly Hills
A review of Michael Zadoorian’s latest novel “The Narcissism of Small Differences”
- Keith Taylor is Stateside’s book critic
Hair stylists and barbers are still in COVID limbo
- Laura Rose is a hair stylist in Traverse City.
Northern Michigan reopening gives the state a taste of the new normal in restaurants
- Mark Kurlyandchik writes about restaurants and the food industry for the Detroit Free Press