Today on Stateside, COVID-19 cases are surging again in Michigan, with more outbreaks happening at K-12 schools. A reporter talks us through the latest data. Also, how one of Detroit’s first Black educator helped desegregate Detroit schools and bring the concept of kindergarten to Michigan. Plus, the founder of Detroit Vs. Everybody discusses his latest collaboration.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
As schools started to reopen, Michigan’s COVID case numbers jumped
- Ron French is a senior writer for Bridge Michigan.
A book review of Detroit native S. Kirk Walsh’s debut novel, “The Elephant of Belfast”
- Steve Amick is a novelist and teaches writing at Pacific University’s low-residency MFA in Writing.
U of M’s men’s and women’s basketball advance in NCAA tournaments, off-court drama highlighted
- John U. Bacon is a sports commentator and author.
90 years before Brown v. Board, Detroit’s first Black public school teacher helped desegregate schools
- Rachel Clark is an education specialist with the Michigan History Center.
Detroit Vs. Everybody uses Gucci collaboration to advance community work
- Tommey Walker Jr. is the founder of Detroit vs. Everybody.