Today on Stateside, COVID-19 and the threat to schools as many districts approach the remaining weeks of the school year. Then, a new PBS documentary about Ernest Hemingway highlights how summers in northern Michigan influenced his writing. And, while transcribing letters about Hemingway, students uncover the unfortunate story of Marjorie Bump.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
How to safely finish the school year? Michigan pediatrician says no easy answers.
- Dr. B. Keith English is chair of the Department of pediatrics and human development at Michigan State University
Been watching "Hemingway" on PBS? Visit the author's stoming grounds Up North
- Christopher Struble is the president of the Michigan Hemingway Society
- Jennifer Tianen is an English teacher at West Bloomfield High School
- Yael Mizrahi is a sophomore at West Bloomfield and an Honors American Literature student
- Eli Newman is a reporter with WDET