Today on Stateside, Michigan's local governments are moving public meetings online. Hackers took notice and are heckling and streaming inappropriate content on the calls. Plus, we talk with two comedians about finding humor in uncertain times.
Listen to the full show above, or find individual segments below.
Burps, racist slurs, and porn: public meetings in the Zoom era
- Jonathan Oosting is a reporter for Bridge Magazine.
- Taylor Wizner is a producer for Interlochen Public Radio.
Poetry for the pandemic: Leelanau County Poet on isolation and community
- Anne-Marie Oomen is a poet and teaches creative writing at Interlochen College of Creative Arts.
Kelly Fordon has the answer: a new story collection from metro Detroit writer
- Keith Taylor is a book critic for Michigan Radio. He reviewed I Have the Answer by Kelly Fordon.
Can we laugh yet? Comedians talk about how to be funny during COVID19
- Nicole Melnyk is a comedian who performs with the Lansing Comedy Sirens.
- Abdallah Jasim is a stand up and sketch comedian in Dearborn.