Today on Stateside, we’ll find out what’s in the proposed education budget. After that, Detroit artist Cyrah Dardas talks about how she tries to help others address trauma with art. Then, what it means for openly gay Michiganders to stand at the front of a classroom.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Funding parity for all K-12 students, a goal set in the 1990s, is met with state education funding agreement
- Brian Gutman is a director of external relations for the Education Trust Midwest.
Meditative spaces and creative healing: the world of Detroit artist Cyrah Dardas
- Cyrah Dardas is a Detroit artist.
- Support for arts and culture coverage on Stateside comes in part from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
LGBTQ educators talk about being out at school and supporting a new generation of queer students
- Kelly Boston is a school librarian in West Michigan.
- Michelle DeYoung-Foster just retired after 30 years teaching outside of Grand Rapids.