Today on Stateside, Governor Gretchen Whitmer has lifted the mask mandate for people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Two political strategists discuss the move and break down the latest news from Lansing. Also, an update on the sexual assault allegations against the late Robert Anderson, who was a physician at the University of Michigan for decades. And, two park rangers on what’s in store for Isle Royale this year as ferry service to the remote island resumes.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- Steve Carmody is a reporter for Michigan Radio.
Report on sexual assault allegations against UM’s Dr. Anderson tells more about who knew what, and when
- Anna Clark is a journalist who works for ProPublica.
Isle Royale National Park opens back up to visitors with some restrictions
- Liz Valencia is the manager of interpretation and cultural resources at Isle Royale National Park.
- Denice Swanke is the superintendent of Isle Royale National Park.
What a week! Mask mandates, Chief Craig, and more from Lansing politics
- Adrian Hemond is a Democratic strategist and the CEO of Grassroots Midwest, a bipartisan advocacy firm based in Lansing.
- John Sellek is a Republican strategist and the CEO of Harbor Strategic, a public affairs firm in Lansing and Southeast Michigan.