Today on Stateside, the Michigan Republican Party issued a number of unsubstantiated claims against election proceedings in Detroit this week. But on a county by county level, Michigan’s elections appear to have run remarkably smoothly. We check in with a county clerk about how the tabulation process went. Also, a reporter discusses an Upper Peninsula hospital’s preparations for another COVID-19 surge.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Kent County’s clerk on fighting misinformation in a blazing election year
- Lisa Posthumus Lyons is the Kent County Clerk.
Cancer and cash: Popular Dr. Death podcast looks at Michigan doctor’s devastating fraud
- Laura Beil is a health and science journalist and the host of Dr. Death and other Wondery shows.
- Heather Schroering is an audio producer and reporter for Wondery.
Rapid rise in Upper Peninsula COVID-19 cases has rural hospitals worried
- Robin Erb reports on health and public policy for Bridge Michigan.
- Lexi Krupp is a science and conservation reporter for Interlochen Public Radio.
- Tammy Coxen is a mixologist and the owner of Tammy’s Tastings.
- Lester Graham is a reporter at Michigan Radio.