Today on Stateside, we're digging deeper into the hiring of Mel Tucker, his around $30 million compensation package, and the process governing sports hiring at Michigan's Big 3 schools. Plus, two African American artists in Detroit talk about finding a canvas big enough to tell real stories.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Did MSU drop the ball on hiring new football coach Mel Tucker?
- John U. Bacon is a sports commentator for Michigan Radio.
- Daniel Howes is a business columnist for the Detroit News.
MSU trustee defends hiring process for new football coach
- Dianne Byrum is chair of Michigan State University’s Board of Trustees.
For first time in nearly 10 years, state Senate rejects a gubernatorial appointment
- Rick Pluta is Michigan Radio's Capitol Bureau Chief.
- Sydney James is a fine artist and muralist working in Detroit.
- Justin Milhouse is a photographer and filmmaker who works on both commercial and fine art projects.