Today on Stateside, an Ann Arbor bookstore is racing to come up with a way to do business online after the coronavirus pandemic forced it to close its storefront. Plus, Michigan’s Teacher of the Year gives advice on how to teach kids from home.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below
Homeschooling tips from Michigan’s Teacher of the Year
- Cara Lougheed teaches English and History at Stoney Creek High School in Rochester Hills.
Students share what life is like while social distancing
- There are tons of kids out there trying to figure their way through this strange period. Some of them may be at home with you. Michigan Radio's podcast team has been keeping up with a few students at Community High in Ann Arbor. They set up a hotline for the teens to share what's happening in their lives now that schools are shut down.
- Bugsy Sailor is a Marquette-based photographer and owner of the Upper Peninsula Supply Company.
- This segment originally aired on January 14, 2020.
- Mike Gustafson owns Literati Bookstore in Ann Arbor with his wife Hilary.
- Tim Gleisner is manager of special collections at the Library of Michigan.
- Jessica Trotter is a librarian with the Capital Area District Libraries.
- This segment originally aired January 20, 2020.