Today on Stateside, a conversation with the director of Michigan State University’s Office for International Students and Scholars about the State Department’s decision to withhold visas from international students who are enrolled in programs that won’t be offering in-person instruction this fall due to COVID-19. Also, one Michigan town makes a play to become part of the aerospace future.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
International students worried and confused about ICE's plans to cancel visas for those in online only classes
- Krista McCallum Beatty is director of the Office for International Students and Scholars at Michigan State University.
As the pandemic upends wedding plans, both couples and venues rethink celebrations
- Rebekah Moser is general manager at Castle Farms in Charlevoix.
- Shelly and Cory von Achen were set to be married on April 4. When COVID-19 hit Michigan, they had to change their plans.
Small brains, big observations: the secret lives of the watching wasps
- Elizabeth Tibbetts is a professor in the University of Michigan's Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.
Sterling Heights reaches for the stars with Space Command Headquarters bid
- Michael Taylor is the mayor of Sterling Heights.