Today on Stateside, mass vaccination sites are opening in Michigan’s largest cities as the state races against another spike in COVID-19 cases. Also, we check in with two public health officials about the challenges of reaching herd immunity. Plus, the history of sea shanties sung by Black sailors on the Great Lakes.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
From Grand Rapids to Detroit, mass vaccination sites speed up pace of shots
- Dustin Dwyer is a Michigan Radio reporter based in Grand Rapids.
- Sarah Cwiek is a Michigan Radio reporter based in Detroit.
- Jillian Reese is a curator of exhibits at the Michigan History Center.
- This conversation originally aired February 5, 2021.
Public health officials across the state race to stem COVID spike with more vaccines
- Dr. Annette Mercatante is the medical health officer for the St. Clair County Health Department.
- Dr. Adam London is the administrative health officer for the Kent County Health Department.