Today on Stateside, the son of longtime University of Michigan football coach Bo Schembechler went on record to say that he, too, was abused by former UM doctor Robert Anderson. Also, a review of this week’s big auto industry reveal: Ford’s new hybrid mini-truck. Plus, one art fan’s collection, and the personal statement it reflects about gay identity.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- David Jesse is a reporter for the Detroit Free Press. You can find some of his recent work here.
- Stateside reached out to the University of Michigan for comment on Matt Schembechler’s announcement. The university sent a statement in response, which you can read here.
- If you or a loved one have experienced sexual abuse, get help by calling the National Sexual Assault Hotline (1-800-656-HOPE) or the Michigan Sexual Assault Hotline (855-VOICES4). This program is free and confidential.
- Full disclosure: the University of Michigan holds Michigan Radio’s broadcast license.
One art fan’s collection at the FIA makes a personal statement about gay identity
- Eric Birkle is a doctoral student at the York University Department of Visual Art & History in Toronto. He guest curated the exhibition Political and Personal: Images of Gay Identity at the Flint Institute of Arts.
How Ford’s new small electric truck could have a big impact on the market
- Sonari Glinton is a journalist and the hosts the podcasts Now, What's Next? and Bring Back Bronco.