Today on Stateside, what we’ve learned about the accused conspirators in what prosecutors call a terrorist plot against Governor Gretchen Whitmer and other state leaders. Also, families separated by the coronavirus pandemic get some relief as the state begins loosening restrictions on nursing home visits.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Accused conspirator in Whitmer kidnapping plot had history of “anger management issues”
- M.L. Elrick is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist and investigative reporter with the Detroit Free Press.
- Will Callan is a reporter with Michigan Radio.
- Jane Ogden is from East China, Michigan. Her father, who has dementia, is in a nursing home.
Members of Michigan militias distance themselves from men accused of plot to kidnap the governor
- Dustin Dwyer is a Michigan Radio reporter based in West Michigan.
The roots of the militia movement in Michigan
- JoEllen Vinyard is a historian and professor emeritus at Eastern Michigan University. She is the author of the book Right in Michigan's Grassroots: From the KKK to the Michigan Militia.