Today on Stateside, Michigan has its first state confirmed cases of COVID-19 illness. What sort of social disruptions will we face as more cases appear in our state? Plus, results from yesterday’s presidential primary—and what they tell us about the November election.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
How Oakland County officials are reacting to first confirmed COVID-19 case
- David Coulter is the Oakland County Executive.
- Dr. Russell Faust is the Oakland County Medical Director.
What Michigan’s primary results can tell us about the November election
- Zach Gorchow is the executive editor and publisher of the Gongwer News Service.
- Jonathan Kinloch is third vice chair of Michigan Democratic Party, and a member of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers.
- Will Callan is a producer with the Michigan Radio podcast The 8th.
- Matt Bernhard is a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Michigan who studies cybersecurity in elections.
Two Detroit casinos are the first to offer newly legal sports betting
- David Tsai is the president and COO of MGM Grand Detroit.
- Dr. Howard Markel is a University of Michigan medical historian and a PBS contributor.
CORRECTION: A previous version of this post referred to Will Callan as a reporter for Michigan Radio's podcast The 8th. He is a producer, not a reporter. The error has been corrected above.