Today on Stateside, a conversation with the founder of Detroit’s Concert of Colors about the world music festival’s switch to broadcast-and-webcast-only later this year. Also, in light of Governor Whitmer’s new executive order calling for the use of masks in all public spaces, an epidemiologist provides some tips for adjusting to life during a pandemic.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
How the Palace of Auburn Hills went from a sports destination to demolition
- Rod Beard is the Piston’s beat writer for the Detroit News.
Iconic Detroit festival Concert of Colors transforming into live online event this October
- Ismael Ahmed is the founder of Concert of Colors.
- Ann Delisi is the host of Ann Delisi Essential Music on WDET.
- Support for arts and culture coverage comes in part from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
Summer festival cancellations strike a “devastating blow” to Michigan’s music scene
- John Sinkevics is the publisher and editor of Local Spins.
Uncomfortable and uncertain: The new normal while living through the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ryan Malosh is an assistant research scientist at the University of Michigan School of Public Health.