Today on Stateside, we’re checking in with the owner of a gym and personal training facility to see how he’s approaching reopening in light of an appeals court decision upholding Governor Whitmer’s order to keep gyms closed to limit the spread of COVID-19 yesterday. Also, a conversation with Jim Toy, who has been at the forefront of the fight for LGBTQ rights in Michigan for more than five decades.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Rep. Slotkin on Line 5, police reform bills, and COVID relief for schools
- Elissa Slotkin is a congresswoman from Michigan’s 8th congressional district.
As restaurants and bars open to limited capacity, owner says he's hopeful about survival
- Brian Brickley is the owner of The Taproom in Ypsilanti.
Mask up to get your sweat on: How one gym owner is adapting as he waits to reopen
- Mark Thiesmeyer Hook is the owner of Better Living Fitness in Ann Arbor.
The political pioneer who gave Michigan's civil rights law its name
- Jillian Reese is the Curator of Exhibits at the Michigan History Center.
Longtime LGBTQ activist Jim Toy reflects on a life devoted to equity and justice
- Jim Toy is an LGBTQ activist and pioneer