Today on Stateside, we talk to a Detroit artist whose new mural is a monument to Malice Green and the wider community of Black citizens killed at the hands of police. Plus, two young Dreamers discuss what the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) means for them.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- Julio Mejia works for a software company in Southeast Michigan.
- Maria Ibarra-Frayre works for We the People Michigan.
What the COVID-19 shutdown showed us about energy use
- Patti Poppe is the president and CEO of Consumers Energy.
Venues and bands get back to live, and masked, performances
- Ben Green is the lead vocalist and trumpet player of the band Sabbatical Bob.
- David Ward is the drum player of Sabbatical Bob.
Detroit artist on new mural: “I didn’t paint Malice Green as a man. I painted him as a monument.”
- Sydney G. James is an artist and muralist in Detroit.