Today on Stateside, playwright and Detroit native Michael R. Jackson talks about the meta-musical that earned him a Pulitzer Prize for drama. Plus, as many local newspapers close up shop, one family has kept the Minden City Herald in Michigan's Thumb running for more than 70 years.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
With just a handful of competitive races this year, there’s a chance for an evenly divided state House
- Zach Gorchow is executive editor and publisher of Gongwer News.
- Sehvilla Mann is a local government and education reporter for WMUK.
- Michael R. Jackson is a playwright and Detroit native. He won the Pulitzer Prize in drama this year for his off-Broadway musical A Strange Loop.
- Paul Engel is the former owner of the Minden City Herald newspaper in Sanilac County.
- Nathan Marks is Paul Engel’s grandson and now the third generation of his family to run the Minden City Herald.