Today on Stateside, how a Detroit restaurateur went from prisoner to proprietor with help from a prison food program. Plus, a film critic discusses the future of movie viewing.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Teachers union says it supports educators who don’t want to return to classroom amid COVID
- Lori Higgins is bureau chief for Chalkbeat Detroit.
Film critic on how COVID is changing the business of making and watching movies
- Andrea Riley is a film critic for the website The Movie Sleuth.
- Support for arts and culture coverage comes in part from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
Prison program helps inmates build professional culinary skills
How a Detroit restaurateur went from prisoner to proprietor
- Chef Jimmy Lee Hill is the head of the food tech program at Lakeland Correctional Facility.
- Daqwan Fistrunk is the owner of Green Mile Grill in Detroit.