Today on Stateside:
- Gary Peters explains his amendments to the Keystone pipeline bill.
- The Grand Rapids City Commission unanimously decided to approve use of police body cameras. Michigan Radio's West Michigan reporter Lindsey Smith tells us when we can expect the plan to be put into action.
- Michigan State University economist Charles Ballard talks to us about how the economic struggles of the millennial generation could affect the future.
- Author John Kotzian describes his biography of a Michigan preacher lovingly known as the "sky pilot of the Great Lakes," who played a role in the founding of the U.S. Coast Guard.
- The DNR is considering selling more than 10,000 acres of state-managed forest, but many of the department’s division heads are against it.
- John U. Bacon discusses the overblown “deflategate” scandal and the upcoming Super Bowl.
- Paul Eisenstein, publisher of TheDetroitBureau.com, tells us what to expect from automakers' upcoming Super Bowl advertisements.