Today on Stateside, we check in with a reporter who’s been following the race for Michigan’s 6th Congressional District. Also, a Canadian member of parliament discusses a U.S. plan to collect DNA samples from some detainees at the Canadian border. Plus, how the 24-year-old mayor of East Lansing has navigated the COVID-19 pandemic.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
A congressional battle for the middle in West Michigan’s 6th District
- Lindsay Moore is a reporter for MLive based in Kalamazoo. She's been covering the race for Michigan's 6th Congressional District.
A young mayor, a college town in crisis, and the year that threw them together
- Aaron Stephens is the mayor of East Lansing.
Canadian MP says a US plan for DNA collection at the border is a bridge too far
- Brian Masse MP represents Windsor West in the Canadian House of Commons.
- Stateside reached out to U.S. Customs and Border Protection for comment on this story. You can read the statement they sent in response here.
- Ben Thorp is a reporter for WCMU Public Radio.