Today on Stateside, Joe Biden has been inaugurated as the 46th president of the United States. Governor Gretchen Whitmer, who served as co-chair of the inauguration committee, tells us about preparations for the event and the work ahead for President Biden. Also, a journalist discusses how former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick’s conviction shaped politics in the city. Plus, as former government leaders face criminal charges for their roles in the Flint water crisis, we take a look at what investigation of elected officials entails.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- Gretchen Whitmer is the governor of Michigan.
Snyder Flint charges a “slippery slope” for future politicians, say some legal experts
- Mike Nichols is an attorney based in Lansing.
Former Michigan AG Mike Cox on making the decision to investigate elected officials
- Mike Cox is a former Michigan Attorney General.
Trump commutes sentence of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
- Chastity Pratt is education bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal and a longtime journalist reporting from Detroit.
Marvin Gaye’s “What’s Going On” single turns 50 today
- Ann Delisi is the host of Ann Delisi’s Essential Music on WDET.