Today, on Stateside, we break down the numbers from the U.S. Census and what they mean for redistricting in Michigan. Plus, a conversation with longtime radio journalist Vickie Thomas about living and working in Detroit for 30 years.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Midland Symphony returns to stage after a “heartbreaking” pandemic year
- Terri Trotter is president & CEO of the Midland Center for the Arts.
- Ryan VanDenBoom is a Broadway veteran and choreographer who will be performing Carnival of the Animals on Saturday, May 1.
Support for arts and culture coverage comes in part from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
WWJ reporter Vickie Thomas retires after more than 30 years in Detroit broadcast journalism
- Vickie Thomas, longtime broadcast journalist for WWJ and former president of the Detroit chapter of the National Association of Black Journalists.
Early census data begins to give shape to upcoming district dilemma
- Kurt Metzger is the mayor of Pleasant Ridge, right outside of Detroit, and is the founder-emeritus of Data Driven Detroit.
Whitmer’s plan to tie easing of COVID restrictions to vaccination rates
- Rick Pluta is Capitol bureau chief for the Michigan Public Radio.