Today, on Stateside, why Governor Whitmer is holding off on new restrictions, even as COVID-19 cases surge. Plus, how the Latinx community in Washtenaw County came together to make vaccines more accessible to their neighbors.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Whitmer declines to order new restrictions, but urges people to follow stricter guidelines, get vaccines
- Rick Pluta is Capitol Bureau Chief for Michigan’s Public Radio Network.
Needle Drop: Brad Hales of Peoples' Records digs through the crates for you
- Brad Hales is one of the owners of Peoples’ Records in Detroit.
- This segment originally aired on April 3, 2020.
Grassroots effort makes vaccines more accessible to Washtenaw County’s Latinx residents
- Spring Quiñones is an outreach coordinator for the Washtenaw County health plan.
- Maria Militzer is president of Mexiquenses en Michigan, a non-profit that was started by Spanish speaking parents. She’s also a Postdoctoral Scholar at the Center for Research on Ethnicity, Culture, and Health at University of Michigan’s School of Public Health.