Stateside: Threats of violence in Kent Co. over schools mask mandate; Rep. Elissa Slotkin on infrastructure deal; Michigan History Center on artist Carlos Lopez
Today on Stateside, a conversation about a new troubling report from Michigan Advance that details the threats of physical violence toward Kent County Health Department workers over a school mask mandate. Host April Baer speaks with the reporter who broke the story, and with two Kent County commissioners. Also, Congresswoman Elissa Slotkin joins the program to discuss ongoing infrastructure, budget, and Afghanistan. And Michigan History Center discusses artist Carlos Lopez.
[Get Stateside on your phone: subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts today.]
Congresswoman Elissa Slotkin talks Afghanistan, infrastructure, and raising the debt limit
- Elissa Slotkin is a Democrat representing Michigan's 8th Congressional District.
Shining the historical spotlight on overlooked yet revered Michigan-based muralist and painter Carlos Lopez
- Diana Paiz is with the Michigan History Center.
Report: Kent Co. health director pleads for support after violent threats over mask mandate
- Anna Gustafson is a reporter with Michigan Advance.
- Phil Skaggs is a Kent County Commissioner.
- Melissa LaGrand is a Kent County Commissioner.
Read Gustafson's report here.