Stateside: Leadership lessons from high school hockey; pawpaw cookbook; hot auto market
Today on Stateside, sports commentator John U. Bacon on his new book. It explores the leadership lessons he learned coaching a notoriously bad high school hockey team. And, we offer up some seasonal love for the pawpaw with a pocket cookbook for a Michigan forager favorite. Plus, what to look for in a maddeningly tight car market—and when things might ease up.
New book from John U. Bacon draws lessons from time coaching a losing hockey team
- John U. Bacon is Michigan Radio's sports commentator and author of the book Let Them Lead: Unexpected Lessons in Leadership from America’s Worst High School Hockey Team.
- This segment originally aired Aug. 31, 2021.
- Sara Bir is a chef and author of the cookbook The Pocket Pawpaw Cookbook.
- This segment originally aired Aug. 20, 2021.
Insane car market has new and used car buyers overwhelmed and confused
- Sonari Glinton is a former Michigander and automotive beat reporter, and currently hosts the podcast Now, What’s Next.
- Curtis Renee is a native Detroiter.
- This segment originally aired Aug. 30, 2021.