Stateside: Monday, April 25, 2022
The state’s Republican nominating committee this weekend turned heated, with balloting problems and sharp, personal conflicts between the party’s wings. Rick Pluta was there, and he joined us today to explain what happened. Then, we revisited conversations about writing, bodies, and queerness for National Poetry Month. Finally, we talked with Greg Woodring about the campaign for a public power utility in Ann Arbor and with Chris Bzdok about how municipal energy has worked in Traverse City.
GUESTS ON TODAY’S SHOW:
- Rick Pluta, Senior Capitol Correspondent for the Michigan Public Radio Network
- Petra Kuppers, poet, disability culture activist, performance artist and University of Michigan professor (originally aired June 4, 2021)
- Tommye Blount, Detroit-based poet (originally aired April 13, 2021)
- Greg Woodring, president of Ann Arbor for Public Power
- Chris Bzdok, environmental attorney, former mayor of Traverse City and former board member for Traverse City Light and Power