Stateside: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
On this episode of Stateside, we spoke with two reporters that cover state politics about Michigan's jaw-dropping 75 billion dollar budget.
Next, Zingerman's celebrated its 40th anniversary today, so we took another listen to our interview with author Michelene Maynard. Her book explores the deli's history and success.
Then, we explored the Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy's efforts to preserve undeveloped land in Michigan's Grand Traverse County.
Finally, we heard a WKAR story about the Mikey 23 Foundation, which is teaching Lansing youth skilled trades in order to support the community.
[Get Stateside on your phone: subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or Spotify today.]
GUESTS ON TODAY'S SHOW:
- Emily Lawler, politics editor, Detroit Free Press
- Craig Mauger, politics reporter, Detroit News
- Micheline Maynard, author, Satisfaction Guaranteed: How Zingerman’s Built a Corner Deli into a Global Food Community
- Kelly House, environment reporter, Bridge Michigan
- Megan Schellong, producer, WKAR