Stateside: Thursday, Aug. 11, 2022
Today on Stateside, Michigan Radio reporter Kate Wells shares her reporting on allegations of sexual harassment against a Genesee County circuit court judge; he recently announced his retirement before the allegations became public.
Plus, a professor of sociology from the University of Michigan talks about following something you care about in your career. As you'll hear, passion is a double-edged sword.
Finally, owners of two separate canoe liveries on the Huron River discuss the recent spill of hexavalent chromium in their area and how it's affecting their businesses in a critically-important summer season.
GUESTS ON TODAY’S SHOW
- Kate Wells, reporter, Michigan Radio
- Erin Cech, associate professor of sociology and mechanical engineering, University of Michigan
- Bruce Heavner, owner, Heavner Canoe and Kayak Rental
- Heather Armstrong, owner, Village Canoe
- Scott Armstrong, owner, Village Canoe