Stateside: Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2022
Today on Stateside, we discussed why it's so hard to find people to run for local school boards. Education reporter Grace George told us about several communities up north that don’t have candidates on the ballot, and what districts are trying to recruit. Plus, we learned about Detroit Documenters' strategy for making public meetings and information more accessible. Then, Craig Mauger of The Detroit News gave us an update on House Representative Lee Chatfield's most recent legal troubles, and we heard about the grand opening of the world's largest timber-towered suspension bridge in northern Michigan.
GUESTS ON TODAY’S SHOW:
- Grace George, reporter for Traverse City Record-Eagle
- Lynelle Herndon, Detroit Documenters coordinator
- Noah Kincade, Detroit Documenters coordinator
- Craig Mauger, reporter for The Detroit News
- Michael Livingston, reporter for Interlochen Public Radio