Stateside: Friday, June 30, 2023
Today on Stateside, we discussed how the Supreme Court's affirmative action decision might further impact our state's schools. Then, we took a trip to the Washtenaw Dairy to talk about its history dating back to the 1930s. We also spoke about a Flint lawsuit pitting residents against contractors replacing lead pipes, and the Interlochen Public Radio’s Points North team brought us a story about spiritual connections and bird migration. Plus, we heard more voices from Grand Rapids Pride.
GUESTS ON TODAY'S SHOW:
- Kristine Bowman, Professor of Law and Professor of Education Policy at Michigan State University.
- Sarah Zearfoss, senior assistant dean at the University of Michigan Law School
- Mary Jean Raab, owner of Washtenaw Dairy
- Steve Carmody, reporter for Michigan Radio
- Dan Wanshura, Interlochen Public Radio's Points North podcast host