Stateside: Monday, Oct. 30, 2023
On this episode of Stateside, there's light at the end of the labor dispute tunnel as we heard about the tentative contracts reached between the United Auto Workers and the Detroit 3. Then, a parent warned us through a personal story about the dangers of meningitis-B among young people. After that, a Michigan Radio reporter shared her favorite campy, not creepy, Halloween films. And a mother and son writing duo discussed their new children's book about welcoming home a new baby, plus we explore their Jewish-Cuban roots.
GUESTS ON TODAY’S SHOW:
- Jordyn Grzelewski, auto industry reporter for the Detroit News
- Alicia Stillman, Meningitis B awareness advocate
- Briana Rice, Michigan Radio's Detroit reporter and lover of silly, scary Halloween films
- Ruth Behar, poet, author, professor of anthropology at the University of Michigan
- Gabriel Frye-Behar, a filmmaker, writer and photographer