U of M limiting tickets for football games, if there are games at the Big House this fall
If there is football played in the Big House this fall, most Wolverine fans will find themselves having to watch the games from home.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department announced its preliminary football ticket plans Wednesday. Under the ticket plan, students and current season ticket holders would be given the opportunity to purchase single game tickets. There will be no tickets available for the general public.
But whether there will be games played remains a question.
U of M officials say the seating capacity of Michigan Stadium will be reduced, or games could be held without fans as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. A final decision on how many, if any, fans would be allowed in the Big House will be made in consultation with medical experts, University leadership, the Big Ten Conference, and government agencies.
"We have been working closely with a wide variety of leaders to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our student-athletes, coaches, fans and support staff associated with a game at Michigan Stadium," says Ward Manuel, U of M athletic director.
Earlier this month, the Big Ten announced it’s a plan to field fall sports with only conference opponents.
U of M ticketing policies currently in effect for the 2020 football season:
- There will be no football season tickets. Status as a season ticket holder remains unchanged, and season ticket locations will be retained for the 2021 season.
- If U-M is able to have fans at Michigan Stadium, all home games will be sold on an individual game basis, with sales limited to current season ticket holders and students. There will be NO ticket sales to the general public.
- For season ticket holders who elected to adjust their season ticket location/quantity during the June upgrade period, that new location/quantity will be retained for the 2021 season.
- Details regarding a potential individual game sale will be communicated once a decision on playing with or without fans is finalized.
- In the event that Michigan is able to have fans at any sporting event this season, all forms of ticketing will move to a mobile platform.